Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our baby has graduated, and now Mama is going to school!


Four years ago I was hired by Medford School District to teach phonics in a Bi-lingual Kindergarten, which resurrected Spanish Vocabulary I had from my growing up in So. California schools. With that, the remembrance of how much I enjoy the Spanish Language. It has been a dream of mine to become confident and conversational, and so by my husband's generosity and the encouragement of many, I'm flying this Saturday to Puebla, Mexico, for a 3 week Spanish Immersion course.

I'll be staying with a family, attending small classes in the mornings (max 8 students) and about town in the afternoons, one on one with a professor. I'm excited about Language School, terrified about traveling by myself and being away from home longer than ever before.

I'll try my best to keep this blog updated. I covet your prayers and support while I'm gone.

6 comments:

  1. And all I can say is - I'm proud of you, Mama!!!

    Beautiful blog. Looking forward to keeping up with your journeys.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. *snif* my sister is online.. (I'm so proud)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola, Myrna. Hace catorce anos que fui a la misma ciudad para estudiar. Una amiga mia era la directora de otra escuela alli. Espero que te disfrutes mucho tu viaje y que estudies bien! Lo siento, pero no puedo encontrar los acentos!! Dios te bendiga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Una Margarita, y una quesadilla, por favor!

    There - that's my 3 semesters of Spanish! I can order drinks & food :)

    I hope you have a mucha buena time & really enjoy yourself on your trip.

    Prayers for a safe & uneventful journey!

    Hugs & Love!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's an important one to know:
    "Donde esta el bano?" (I don't have the right keyboard to type it right nor the patience to find all of the correct character mappings, but I think you get it).

    Good luck. Sounds like a great opportunity!

    Roberto Jorge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so proud of you, Sis, and so happy you will get to experience the Spanish language in this way. You are in my prayers - Doug and Daniel, too. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!!

    Love you,
    Nanc

    ReplyDelete